How to reduce swelling of gum inflammation
Gum Inflammation: Swollen gums can be an initial problem of gum disease or infection. Every person must have experienced swollen gums with a variety of causes ranging from gum disease to food stuck in the teeth. If swelling of the gums can interfere with activity, it helps you immediately visit a doctor to get treatment. How long does it take for gum inflammation to go away? This depends on the cause of the gums becoming swollen.
Some cause the gums to become swollen.
- Gum pain or Gingivitis : Swelling that lasts for some time followed by reddish gums, bleeding gums, sensitive teeth and even pus removal can be an early sign of gum disease or gingivitis. If you experience these symptoms, do not hesitate to contact your doctor immediately to get treatment as soon as possible. If left unchecked, it will cause periodontitis where the healing process will last longer.
- Pregnancy: Pregnancy can also cause women to experience swollen gums. This is because the rise of hormones in the body that causes blood to flow into the gums to increase and cause problems in the gums one of which is causing inflammation.
- Infection: Some gum infections are characterized by the appearance of swelling of the gums. Some gum infections including herpes can cause swelling.
- Food stuck: Food that may be caught between your teeth can cause swelling of the teeth. To overcome this, take dental floss to be able to take the rest of the pressure, and the gums can return to normal after some time when the remaining food is taken.
- Various other causes: In addition to those already mentioned, swollen gums can be caused by many causes including lack of vitamin C and akibat consumption of certain drugs.
Treatment for swollen gums.
How long does it take for gum inflammation to go away? Proper and proper handling can accelerate the reduction in swelling. If the swelling lasts for several days and doesn’t heal with home remedies, you should see a doctor immediately. The doctor can take action according to the symptoms and causes of swollen gums.
Treatment can be done at home.
Gargling with salt water. Salt can relieve swelling. Just mix 1 teaspoon of salt into 1 cup of warm water to rinse for a few seconds. Clean your teeth with a routine of brushing your teeth at least twice a day, especially after eating, it is necessary to clean your teeth. In addition, the use of dental floss can help clean between unreached teeth with a toothbrush.
Compressed gums can be compressed with cold water.
How long do it take for gum inflammation to go away? swelling will return to normal in 1-2 days. But if the swelling does not go away means there are signs of infection or other symptoms of the disease. For this reason, seeing a doctor is the right choice.
Top Related Other Products
Top No Related Other Products
Gum Inflammation, Gum Inflammation